Monday, August 29, 2022

Bri Oglu explores the slow side of love in debut single

 Pop artist Bri Oglu's debut single “Slowly” is set to drop on Thursday, Aug. 25. The first off of her upcoming EP “Somewhere Else,” the song explores the moments following a confession of romance to a long-time friend with themes of love, potential loss, and facing the unknown.



To fine the new song on Spotify or Apple, click here.


Your new single “Slowly” is based on what happens after a confession of romance to a longtime friend. What's the reason for this theme?
“Slowly” was very much based on personal experience. I had just professed my feelings to a close friend and was in the period of (torturous) suspense before his response. I remember feeling like I was free-falling but finding a strange comfort in it because I was still living in the possibility of him feeling the same way. It was a unique blend of emotions that I hadn’t quite experienced before and it inspired me to write.

What happens to the people that the song is about?
I ended up getting exactly what I asked for in my lyrics: he responded slowly. A year later in fact. We got together, the song found its voice and he ended up producing the track written about him (and killing it). It was a wild full circle experience.

Is there a message you hope people take from listening to “Slowly”?
Yes! Take more risks. “Slowly” is ultimately about facing the anxieties that come up when we choose to brave the unknown.

Can you tell us more about the upcoming EP?
My EP “Somewhere Else” is set to be released at the end of the year. It’s a collection of 6 tracks—3 originals and 3 covers. It was co-written and produced by artist/producer Will Snyder, mixed by Ben Burget and Tim Latham, and mastered by Sterling Sound. It’s my debut as an artist.

What led you to pursue music as a career?
I was lucky in that I always knew I was a performer and that I wanted to pursue it in some capacity. I joined theatre as a kid and ended up moving to LA to act initially but ended up booking way more as a musician and went with it.

Given that you're just starting as a musician, do you plan to explore different styles or genres?
Yes, definitely. I love pop, but I also sing jazz, rock and soul. I plan on implementing elements of all three on my next project.


Artist info
Website: www.brioglu.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brioglu/

No comments:

Post a Comment