Friday, November 12, 2021

How sweet is to be back at Rhode Island Comic-Con!

Well, the title says it all! On Nov. 5 and 6 I had the chance to reunite with the convention community at one of my favorite events—Rhode Island Comic-Con. I checked out the amazing cosplays, met cool creatives and bought some great merch over the weekend. And of course, many interviews were done.

To start, I met up with Author Coral Isabella Aurora to learn about her new book and the messages about bullying and treating others fairly.

Next, the writers from the comic Starside catch me up on a series I got into two years ago and give a few hints about the story's future.

Cosplayer Stevie Oaks shares his dead-on impersonation of Peter Griffin and what it's been like being at a convention for the first time as one of the guests.

On the convention's second day, I chatted with Wayward Raven founder Mark Frankel about the diverse stories they publish, a special request for submissions, and why in their comics, dead is dead.

Bringing this episode to a close is Khepera Cosplay, who shares how it feels to be back after two years and the various villains she's cosplayed as.



No comments:

Post a Comment